Friday, November 14, 2008

Big Fish, Small Pond

Six months before graduate I was looking for a new job, suddenly I received a great offer (better than expected considering that I was about to graduate) from a small company that made systems for government with headquarters in México City and a small office in Tijuana; of course I took the Web Developer position and immediately started with training and then "hands on".

I was fast gaining recognition inside the company; one day my boss (one of the partners of the company) said - we have big plans for you inside this company - I felt important, somebody was taking my job seriously.

Four months later I receive a message in my chat window, it was from an old friend from school: "we have an opening position in our company in the US, are you interested?". I got in shock, I could not believe it, my child dream was about to become true.

I couldn't stop thinking about my new dilemma, stay where I was or move to this new position in a new country, new culture, new language, new life style. I asked to my family and friends without taking a decision until a friend told me - you may take the risk... otherwise in the future you will say yourself: what would have happened just if..., go for this challenge because remember: it's better to be a small fish inside a big pond instead a big fish inside a small pond -.

Some people may agree, some others may not, the fact is that I'm here, taking the risk, taking the change, trying to grow up until become a big fish into this big pond.

No comments: